Re: [BKARTS] sewing

What to do. What to do.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
tudorpot@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 7:11 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: sewing

I'm working on a sewn binding- new at this- the instructions say to
have the thread = 1.5x the length of the spine x number of sections.
As this book will have 25 sections, and the spine is 8 inches- that's
a lot of thread- about 25 feet. I tried to do it with enough for five
sections- but the thread kept getting knotted and tangled.
Suggestions please. I live in a rural area and have no access to a
bookbinding class. I plan to order some DVD's when i get some cash.

thanks,

Freda