Re: [BKARTS] sewing

Freda,

To avoid the tangling and knots:   Once the thread is cut to size, and
threaded, hold the threaded needle with one hand, and with the other, run
the thread through the finger tips or nails slowly, and allow the loose end
to spin and unwind naturally.  Do this perhaps a few times.  This extends
out the sewing time before it begins to knot up, as it eventually will.  If
it knots up in the middle of a sewing procedure, untwist it again.  Some
binders wax the thread to prevent the knotting and tangling.  However,
taking some of the twist out of the thread initially, in our experience,
mostly avoids the need to wax.

David

********