Re: [BKARTS] BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS-Fiction

Here is some non-fiction as well you may enjoy.

We have the following available at:

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?quserid=1STEDITN&cm_sp=detail*sellerinfo*s
ellername

A Gentle Madness
by Basbanes, Nicholas A
First edition. Hard cover. Henry Holt & Company (1995)
Fine in fine dust jacket. Signed by author. A Fine Copy In Fine Dust Jacket.
Tipped in Signature of Nicholas Basbanes Sewn binding. Cloth over boards.
656 p. Audience: General/trade.

Bibliophile in the nursery: a bookman's treasury of collectors' lore on old
and rare children's books
by Targ, William
First edition. Hard cover. World Pub. Co.Cleveland (1957)
Fine in very good dust jacket. A Fine Copy In Very Good Dust Jacket 503 p.,
[15] p. of plates (1 folded): ill.; 25 cm. Includes: Illustrations, Plates.
This is an informative guide to book collecting that takes you joyfully
through the charming highways and byways of old and rare children's books.
It is an affectionate and informed tribute to children's literature, with
emphasis on the great rarities, classics, and high spots.

Books Are Basic: The Essential Lawrence Clark Powell
Hard cover. University of Arizona (1985)
Fine in fine dust jacket. A Fine Copy In Fine Dust Jacket 95 p. Audience:
General/trade.

Extra Bindings for Rare and Valuable Books and Papers
First edition. Wraps. Lakeside Press, Chicago (1941)

Fortune and Frendship An Autobiography
by Powell, Lawrence Clark
Hard cover. Bowker, New York (1968)
Fine. No dust jacket. A Fine Copy

American Books and Their Prices
by Targ, Willaim

The First Printers and Their Books: A Catalogue of an Exhibition
Commemorating the Five Hundredth Anniversary of the Invention of Printing.
by Mongan, Elizabeth & Edwin Wolf
First edition. Wraps. Free Library of Philadelphia, Philadelphia (1940)
Very good. No dust jacket as issued. A Very Good Copy. Light toning to
covers 94 p. Includes: illustrations, diagrams. This catalogue was done for
the exhibition at the Free Library of Philadelphia in 1940. A feature at the
exhibition was a "Gutenberg Bible" loaned by Mr. Joseph Widener and many
books from the collectiion of Mr. Lessing J. Rosenwald.

ARIZONA Fifty: A List of Fifty Books about Arizona published since
Statehood.
by Powell, Donald M.
First edition. Wraps. Northland Press, Tucson (1962)
Fine. No dust jacket as issued. A Near Fine Copy

The Bay Psalm Book: Being a Facsimile Reprint of the First Edition, Printed
By Stephen Daye at Cambridge, in New England in 1640
by Eames, Wilberforce (introduction)
Limited Edition of 1000 copies. Hard cover. Dodd and Mead, New York (1903)
Good. No dust jacket. Ex-library. Rebound in original boards. Provenance on
request. Typical previous institutional markings. 1 p., xvii p., [292] p.,
20 cm "The edition of this facsimile reprint of the Bay Psalm book is
limited to 1000 copies, of which 25copies are printed on Japan paper and 975
on plain paper.

The Très Riches Heures of Jean, Duke of Berry. Musée Condé, Chantilly
by Limbourg, Pol De, And Longnon, Jean, Ed. , And Cazelles, Raymond, Ed. ,
And Berry, Jean De France, Duc De
Hard cover. G. Braziller, New York ([1969])
Colombe, Jean Fine. No dust jacket, as issued. First printing. [English,
French]. Illustrated by Colombe, Jean. 26, [2] p. , 139 col. plates. 30 cm.
Miniatures from MS. 65 in the Bibliothèque of the Musée Condé, Chantilly, by
the brothers Jean, Herman, and Pol de Limbourg, under the direction of Pol;
the work was completed by Jean Colombe. Bibliography: p. [27]-[28]. In near
very good to near fine slip case.

Southwestern American Literature: a Bibliography
by Anderson, John Q. , And Gaston, Edwin W. , And Lee, James Ward
1st ed. Hard cover. Swallow Press, Chicago (c1980)
Very Good in Very Good dust jacket. First printing. xiii, 445 p. ; 23 cm.

ARIZONA Fifty: A List of Fifty Books about Arizona published since
Statehood.
by Powell, Donald M.
First edition. Wraps. Northland Press, Tucson (1962)
Fine. No dust jacket as issued. A Near Fine Copy
Signa Houghteling

An Annotated Bibliography of the Work of the Canon Law Society of America,
1965-1980
by Cunningham, Richard G.
Wraps. CLSA, Washington, D.C. (c1982)
Fine. No dust jacket, as issued. First printing. v, 121 p. ; 23 cm.

A Bibliography of Texas: Being a Descriptive List of Books, Pamphlets, and
Documents Relating to Texas in Print and Manuscript Since 1536, Including A
Complete Collation of the Laws; With an Introductory Essay on the Materials
of Early Texan History.
by Raines, C. W
Hard cover. Frontier Press, Houston (1955)
Fine in fine dust jacket. Fine in publisher's black cloth and printed
slipcase 268 p.

Billy the kid the bibliography of a legend
by Dykes J. C.
First edition. Wraps. University New Mexico (1952)
Fine. No dust jacket as issued. A Near Fine Copy Includes illustrations

And many, many, many others. Please send us your want lists.

kbyerly1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

Scott Byerly
The First Edition

Alice Simpson wrote:
> Hi,
> Several years ago there was a posting of fiction reads--
> books about books' which I thought I'd saved. It included some
> wonderful  'reads.'
>
> Here are some from my list:
>
> The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
> The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber
> 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
> The Thirteenth Tale by  Diane Setterfield
> The Book Thief  by Markus Zusak
> The History of Love  by Nicole Krauss
> The Bookseller of Kabul by  Asne Seierstad
> Reading Lolita In Tehran by  Azar Nafisi
> Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstressl by Dai Sijie
>
> Would appreciate new recommendations.

Cheers,
> Alice
> ALICE SIMPSON