[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[BKARTS] FS: Books on Books and Book Arts
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [BKARTS] FS: Books on Books and Book Arts
- From: The Prints & The Paper <theprintsandthepaper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:40:56 -0800
- Importance: Normal
- Message-id: <JAENLLCHHBCEKAHOKDIHMEJCGEAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Book_Arts-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A new batch of BOBs (as we affectionately call them in the trade) has
crossed the threshold!
The following are offered POSTAGE PAID by media mail in the US.
International and Priority shipping charged at cost. Listed here first,
before offering in online venues.
1. Pearson, David [Editor]: For the Love of Bindings: Studies in
Bookbinding History Presented to Miriam Foot. British Library/Oak Knoll
Press, 2000. First edition. Hardcover, tall 4to. In clear jacket. 378 pages
plus a section of color plates. Illustrated in B&W and color. About Fine
2. Greenfield, Jane & Hille, Jenny. Headbands: How to Work Them. Oak Knoll
Press, 2001. Second, revised edition. Paperbound, 8vo. Clear B&W
illustrations. About Fine condition. $20
3. Harthan, John P. Bookbindings. Victoria & Albert Museum, 1985. Third
edition. Paperbound, sm. 8vo. 152 pages. B&W and a few color plates. Slight
cant, otherwise about as new. $15
4. Lhotka, Edward. ABC of Leather Bookbinding: A Manual for Traditional
Craftsmanship. Oak Knoll Press, 2000. First Edition. Hardcover in dust
jacket F/F. $75
5. Livengood, W.W., Compiler. Americana as Taught to the Tune of a Hickory
Stick. Women?s National Book Association, 1954. First Edition. Hardcover, VG
in G dust jacket (corner chip, short closed tear, light discoloration.) A
selection of readings from American primers, revealing much about the
history of education and social awareness in the USA. $12
6. Thomas, Alan G. Great Books and Book Collectors. Spring Books, 1988.
Later edition. Sm. Folio, 280 pages with B&W and color illustrations. Book
G, clean with corner bump and small spots of edgewear. DJ has a couple of
short closed tears, a little edgewear. $25
7. Swinton, David. The Magic of Paper Sculpture: Sixteen exciting and
creative projects. Cassell, 1995. First edition. sm. 4to. Hardcover, Near
Fine in VG dust jacket with mild edgewear and scuffs to surface gloss. 128
pages with B&W and color illustrations. Includes instructions and templates
for paper sculpting projects ranging from very simple to slightly
astonishing. If I had more time and patience I?d keep this and try it
myself. I?m short on both, and when it comes to patience for tedious
detail ? that?s why I hire book conservators! $50
8. The Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America, Vol 72, NO. 1,
1978. Paperbound, 8vo. Contents include ?Popular Fiction and the Ballad
Market in the Second Half of the Seventeenth Century,? by J. L. Gaunt; ?The
Beginnings of Systematic Bibliography in America Up to 1800: Further
Explorations,? by Robert B. Winans, and more. Paperbound, 8vo, very good
with slightly curled corners, some speckling on top text block edge. $10
9. Harvard Library Bulletin, Vol. XIX, No. 1, Jan 1971. Paperbound, sm. 4to.
Contents include articles on manuscript of Parkhurst?s ?Ignoramus,?
Dumbarton Oaks, the Lennox Collection (cont.), first ten years of Villa I
Tatti, others. VG with some fading to cover edges, intact chip at spine
Cats are composed of Matter, Anti-Matter, and It Doesn't Matter
The Prints & The Paper
PO Box 5432
Eugene OR 97405
See TOMFOLIO's WIKI: http://tomfolio.pbwiki.com/FrontPage
VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, DISCOVER, Paypal, Checks, and Money Orders accepted.
Member Ephemera Society of America, AAPA, and ABookCoOp (Tomfolio) - an
international cooperative of independent used booksellers.
Shop Co-Op! at www.tomfolio.com
Annual Arnold Grummer Press sale now online at
Please note that attachments to listserv messages are not permitted,
and are automatically removed by the listserver.
For all your subscription questions, go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information.