Re: [BKARTS] Sayings or proverbs with books?

"What we become depends on what we read after all of the professors have
finished with us. The greatest university of all is a collection of books."
 -Thomas Carlyle

 "An ordinary man can surround himself with two thousand books and
thenceforward have at least one place in the world in which it is possible
to be happy." -Augustine Birrell

 "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who
cannot read them." -Mark Twain

 "You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop
reading them." -Ray Bradbury

 "From every book invisible threads reach out to other books; and as the
mind comes to use and control those threads the whole panorama of the
world's life, past and present, becomes constantly more varied and
interesting, while at the same time the mind's own powers of reflection and
judgment are exercised and strengthened." -Helen E. Haines

 "A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are
still thinking." -Jerry Seinfeld

Michael Atha
Restoration Books
Bindery & Fine Press