[BKARTS] Books about Books

This book isn't about books, but it has the most vivid, shocking and moving description of a scene from the Florence flood which wiped out so many libraries and caused so much damage. I have tried to find copies to send to those of our number who were there, helping to save and restore books (B. Middleton, D. Etherington) , without success. However, if you can lay your hands on a copy, it's a great read. And you will also have discovered a fine mystery writer, Magdalen Nabb (sadly deceased) who writes about a policeman in Florence.

The Marshal and the Mad Woman by Magdalen Nabb

Signa Houghteling