Re: [BKARTS] Secretary of Arts Petition

Paul,

      You raise some excellent points- I do not know whether direct
government involvement would, as you say, "bring the bacon" to artists (for
the record, I am a librarian who dabbles occasionally in bookbinding, I
don't think I am skilled enough yet to call myself a book artist hehe.)
Likewise, the prospect of having another beurocrat might not be helpful. I
guess I was thinking more along the lines of assistance for institutions
such as museums and schools, art programs, perhaps loans and grants for
projects, etc. I was not implying that you should sign it, I was just
bringing it to everyone's attention to see if it might be of interest, or
perhaps spark some conversation. I meant no offense. You do, however, raise
some key issues that I hadn't taken into consideration before.

-Matt.