Re: [BKARTS] Linen Bookbinding Twine

It has been appropriately pointed out to me that I should be referring to
this new product as cord and not twine.  Calling the product twine is fine,
but when referenced as a bookbinding material it would historically be
referred to as cord.  In proper terminology one would not say "sewn on
raised twines" but rather "sewn on raised cords".

The word cord also has the connotation in our minds of being of a higher
quality than twine.  Unfortunately standards are not in place for either
term.

Confusion of terms has happened many times in the past with relation to our
field.  Another that comes immediately to mind is the confusion of vellum
and parchment.

Regards,
Aaron

Talas