Re: [BKARTS] Secretary for the Arts

But since "The Arts" (as most supporters of "The Arts" define them), do "belong" to "elite" society, why would one want Obama to continue to foster the misperception that the arts do not belong to elite society? And even if one did wish for Obama to help perpetuate this myth, why would he be any more successful than, say, your local teacher's union or chamber of commerce?

>I think Obama is in a great position to break the perception that the arts only
> belong to elite society.

Paul Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language
DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES, a project to research and practice the techniques of the medieval scribe