Re: [BKARTS] Bookmakers vs. Talas vs. Hewit

Dear Mr. Miller,

We have 16 agents and/or distributor's around the World, and they all represent Hewit's in very different ways. In the case of Talas, outside of our own warehouse in Edinburgh, they stock a wider range of our leather than anyone else. In fact the majority of the leather we manufacture, is available through Talas. As well as this, they also stock our leather dyes and Bowden ready-sewn headbands. As far as equipment, materials and tools are concerned they source these independently of us, sometimes from the same manufacturers as we use and sometimes from different manufacturers. With Bookmakers, you should be able to order most of the products we offer, but they may not necessarily be in stock in Maryland. As you mentioned, there has been a recent change of ownership so both Bookmakers and Hewits will need a little time to establish this new relationship. We hope that the 'new' Bookmakers will become an 'official' distributor for us during the first half of 2009.

Of course, should you choose to, you may also purchase directly from us. Prices are available from our catalogue or alternatively we will always respond directly to an e-mail enquiry. For the record, we are currently out-of-stock of the No.6 finishing press but are hoping for a delivery from our woodworker within the next 3-4 weeks.

By-the way, as Signa pointed out, we will also be at the Guild of Bookkworkers annual Standards Conference being held later in the year in San Francisco. We are really looking forward to this event.

Please contact me at sales@xxxxxxxxx with any specific queries you may have.

Have a nice weekend,

kind regards,

David

David Lanning
J. Hewit & Sons Ltd.
sales@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.hewit.com
Mobile: 07947 754842
Voice Mail: +44 (0) 1280 709701
Skype Name: davidlanning

Edinburgh Numbers
Tel: +44 (0) 131 449 2206
Fax: +44 (0) 131 451 5081

Registered Office: Kinauld Leather Works, Currie, Edinburgh, EH14 5RS - Registered in Scotland No SC16424

----- Original Message ----- From: "R. John Miller" <R_John_Miller@xxxxxxxxxxx>