Re: [BKARTS] Bookmakers vs. Talas vs. Hewit

But then again maybe Talas distributes the Hewit Line but doesn't sell it
themselves, which is dumb.

I don't know but I do care, give credit where credit belongs.

RJMiller

Dear RJMiller -

Before complaining in a public forum about Talas, did you take the simple (and common sense) step of calling them to see if they do carry the press? They may or may not carry it, and they may or may not have a good reason (in your opinion) for doing so. It just seems to me the logical, and courteous thing to do.

As for Talas being a "Walmart". If they are, then Lehmann Bindery (consisting of myself and two dogs) is right up there with a Sears or Target. I have always found the folks at Talas to be very helpful and knowledgeable. I rarely order skins directly from England or France anymore since Talas has taken the time to learn what type of grain patterns I'm after and they go out of their way to pick the best ones for me. They also go out of their way to bring the best possible products to the market. I helped them with their source for reversible PVA and hope to do the same if I can ever find a suitable genuine gold foil for finishing.

If you are so dissatisfied with their service, why don't you just order from Hewits directly? You'll probably suffer from sticker-shock once you find out the shipping costs of getting anything from the UK, but that way at least you will get exactly what you want.

I strongly disagree with your comments regarding Talas and the public means you have gone about expressing them.

Sincerely,
Frank Lehmann
Lehmann Bindery