Re: [BKARTS] Quotes about books

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus

"The covers of this book are too far apart." - Ambrose Bierce, a book review

"Anyone who eats three meals a day should understand why cookbooks outsell sex books three to one." - L.M. Boyd

"This book fills a much needed gap." - Moses Hadas, a book review

"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book. I'll waste no time reading it." - Moses Hadas

"A book of quotations . . . can never be complete." - Robert M. Hamilton

"Far more seemly to have thy study full of books, than thy purse full of money." - John Lyly, Euphues

"Books are important. They help you sleep at night." - First Lady Laura Bush, on the Oprah Winfrey Show

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.  Some day I intend reading it." -
Groucho Marx - a blurb for S. J.  Perelman "Dawn Ginsbergh's Revenge" (1929)

"Once you've put one of his books down, you simply can't pick it up again." - Mark Twain on Henry James

"Chloroform in print." - Mark Twain, about the Mormon bible

-Brian Henderson
http://www.xywrite.com/odd/quotes/