[BKARTS] conference in Portland Oregon

 Conference information for the 2009 Focus on Book Arts is now
available online at www.focusonbookarts available online at www.fo
7263. This year's conference will be held at Pacific University in
Forest Grove, from June 24th through 28th.

This year's workshop and instructor line-up includes a variety of
book structures and surface treatments. We have many returning
favorites – Andrew Huot, Colleen Cavin, Andie Thrams, Doris Arndt,
Helen Hiebert, and Dolores Guffey – and a number of new well-known
book artists joining us for the first time – Peggy Skycraft, Diane
Mauer, Peter Thomas, Patricia Cheyne, and Barbara Mason. There are
also several instructors teaching tools and metal work classes – Jim
Croft, Joycelyn Merchant, Jill Timm, and Pat Edmonds. We are also
offering two new things this year – a 4-day workshop in Hidden Fore-
edge Painting by Jeanne Bennett and an Introduction to Letterpress
with Patricia Cheyne.

As in previous years, there are several concurrent events which are
open to the public. Our Keynote speaker this year is Christine
Eagon, speaking on "The Art of Self-Promotion. Eagon, speaking on "Th
direct sales opportunity for vendors and artists, and the In Focus
Gallery is available for artists who prefer to sell through
commission.

We look forward to seeing you there.

The Focus on Book Arts Committee
www.focusonbookarts www.