[BKARTS] Impractical Labor Inaugural

SEEKING: Impractical Laborers

**************************

Makers and doers of things, creators of the bright, beautiful, and obscure: while you toil in what seems to be isolated darkness, know that you are not alone! Join your hand in ours and together we'll share our pursuit of Impractical Labor:

Impractical Labor in Service of the Speculative Arts (ILSSA) is a new organization for those who make experimental or conceptual work with obsolete technology. The goals of ILSSA include: (1) the establishment of a Union to foster community, solidarity and peer review; and (2) the formation of a Research Institute to support new ideas, communications, and resources.

Impractical Labor is a protest against contemporary industrial practices and values. Instead it favors independent workshop production by antiquated means and in relatively limited quantities. Economy of scale goes out the window, as does the myth that time must equal money. Impractical Labor seeks to restore the relationship between a maker and her tools; a maker and her time; a maker and what she makes. The process is the end, not the product. Impractical Labor is idealized labor: the labor of love.

On this happy day for our nation and our world, we hope you will join us. The ILSSA Research Institute's first publication packet, the Inaugural Quarterly, is now ready for mailing. ILSSA Quarterlies are included in your annual dues of $25/year if you join the organization. Otherwise, you may purchase the Quarterly separately for $6.50 ppd. Join and/or learn more at http://www.impractical-labor.org

Yours,
ILSSA Organizers
Bridget (Local 347 Shop FS) & Emily (Local 917 Shop RC)

EVERYWHERE WE LOOK THERE'S WORK TO BE DONE. - OUR PREZ, BO

AS MANY HOURS AS IT TAKES

ILSSA Local 347 Shop FS

http://www.flatbedsplendor.com