[BKARTS] Inauguration Celebration Book

Dear Friends

I was deeply moved by the entire inaugural celebration but what echoed in my mind the following day was the tune of the Shaker song Simple Gifts that was used in John Williams’s composition Air and Simple Gifts. It was played by cellist Yo-Yo Ma, violinist Itzhak Perlman, clarinetist Anthony McGill, and pianist Gabriela Montero. I have designed a small booklet with the words of the song to commemorate the day and made a pdf available for printing. You can find links to the pdf, directions for making the book, and a video of the performance at
http://www.makingbookswithchildren.blogspot.com

in good spirit
Susan

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord