[BKARTS] Correct adhesive for book cloth

Hello,

            I am making boxes for 50 plus WPA scrapbooks and purchased
LBS C-1 cloth for the project.  The cloth, when adhered to either
barrier board or davey board, bubbles in a manner that I have never seen
unless placed under such aggressive pressure that the glue is driven
back through the cloth.

            --Same results whether using PVA or Zen Shofu wheat paste.

            --I have attempted to iron out the bubbles, but to no avail.

Bubbling is extensive.  I have shown this to several conservators who
suggested corrective measures I had already tried and which don't work.
Could my problem be the adhesive?

I now have a life-time supply of LBS C-1 cloth and a lot of boxes that I
need to make.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jane

P.S.  Contacted the vendor with no success.