Re: [BKARTS] Correct adhesive for book cloth

I'm not certain how your constructing your boxes, some glue out their
entire cover material similar to full leather covering and place their
boards down and turn in.  I have found similar problems as you
expressed when using particular types of bookcloth that are less
substantial than others.  My solution...I glue out my boards and apply
to the cover material as opposed to vice-versa.  This usually
eliminates the opportunity for bubbles and works quite well for me.  I
have very limited experience with the C-1 cloth from LBS, but what I
have used, I've never had the problems that you've described when
using regular old PVA.  Good luck!

Michael Atha
Restoration Books
Bindery & Fine Press