Re: [BKARTS] Replacement Awl Tips

I wanted the same awl, did an internet search and learned that the supplier
is Everhard:
http://www.everhard.com/Main/Prodline/CatalogByIndustry/DisplayCouponCAT3Col
umns.asp?IND=3&CAT=67&COU=30

The thing is, they have a minimum order of $75. Since I have no need for 20+
of these awls, they gave me the name of 2 companies that sell them. I was
able to purchase 2 of them for less than $6 each (see the link to get the
correct item number from Everhard's website):

HM Royal, Buena Park, CA 714 670 1554
And
Industrial Marketing, Fremont, IN  260 495 9091

The thin awls are another story. You may have to buy them directly from
Everhard.  A very nice woman who works at the company, who referred me to
the above companies for the awls, didn't have a buyer that they knew had a
supply of the thinner awls. About 4 or 5 months after speaking with her on
the phone, she very nicely sent me a few of them as "samples". I guess they
must have just manufactured a bunch and she kept me in mind.

Anyway, if Talas is listening, it would be nice if they would start stocking
this item, as I know of a few people that prefer this awl and have been
looking, to no avail, for it.

Good Luck!

-Donna