From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff
Peachey
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 3:21 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Replacement Awl Tips

If the awl tips are replaceable, an easy trick for resharpening is to
chuck them into a portable drill, then sharpen them spinning on your
preferred sharpening system and grit progression.  Otherwise it is
difficult to keep the point of the awl in the center of the shaft,
which can make them drift during use.

Jeff
http://jeffpeachey.wordpress.com/