Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 24 Jan 2009 to 25 Jan 2009 (#2009-26)

re; getting published
date: jan 26 2008
from: ellen wallenstein
re: getting published

i've used blurb.com for a book ("pocketbook of drag queens"), it's black & white; i found it pretty good actually but next time i would opt for thicker paper (the stock was thin.)
the images look like the files. i haven't done a book in color (yet) so i can't comment on the quality.
at the books arts conference in nyc last fall, joachim schmid, a german artist who (obsessively) uses images from flickr to make his books, said he tried all the self-publishers and that blurb was the best.
i've heard good things about lulu.com as well.
there was a discussion about DIY publishing on this site a few months ago.....

hope you all have a good day.