Re: [BKARTS] Anyone Twitter Book Arts?

This discussion prompted me to go do a little research on "Why Twitter?"
For anyone interested, here's some of what I found:

How the Arts are rocking it out through Social Media
http://www.slideshare.net/happykatie/who-flickred-my-twitter-how-the-arts-are-rocking-it-out-through-social-media-presentation

Business Week: Why Twitter Matters
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2008/tc20080514_269697.htm

My sense is that Twitter (and other web2.0 tools) could be a useful artist
tool for researching topical content or even running one's own informal
survey to generate content related to a book art project. Or perhaps to
take the pulse of a certain "target audience"...or even increase awareness
for one's work simply by showing up in select conversations.

I don't think this is an either/or thing - and that it's still evolving.
For me, these tools are about reaching beyond the special niche of book
artists on this listserv (which, btw, I find invaluable).

Having said that, one of the things I cherish about the book arts is the
low-tech, hands-on grounding it gives me in an otherwise info-saturated
world.

Kelly