From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kathleen Garness
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 8:01 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Methods of improving recycled card

For a similar smaller project I purchased a large pad of Strathmore
500 bristol (100% cotton rag), on sale and cut it in equal quarters.
It worked well. I guess I was concerned about the acids migrating.
Acrylic paint and shellac might make the photos stick together would
be my concern.  I've also used 3M buffering spray but it was very
tedious work, getting it to absorb evenly and not buckle the paper. I
had to do it in several light oversprays, both sides, which took up
all of the floor of my studio and other spaces and was not pleasant
to breathe. Add that the spray is very expensive per can; looking
back, factoring in my time and materials, I figured out just
purchasing the right materials up front would have saved me both time
and money : /.

KG