[BKARTS] Grain of Cloth

I work for someone who, like Bill Minter, believes that the grain
direction of cloth is not that critical.  I have never seen boards warp
because of cross-grain cloth, but it is much harder to turn the head and
tail of a case well and get good clean-looking grooves along the hinge, so
I prefer to avoid it.  Is this because of the type of cloth I am usually
using: LBS Conservation Buckram?