To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:40 PM
Subject: [BKARTS] Headbands as part of sewing of the book

http://cool-palimpsest.stanford.edu/don/dt/dt1721.html

The original headbands were intrinsically a part of the sewing of the book, and were used in lieu of kettle stitches in linking the sections together. They were a part of the construction of the book, which possibly explains why they were (and are) at both the head and tail, rather than just at the head. <<

Does anybody has instructions how to work such a headband?