Re: [BKARTS] Newbie

I'm guessing that you are looking for a way to set the joint when casing in?

Before I had nipping boards I used pairs of long knitting needles in 3 or 4 sizes to use with non-edged boards. After I bought edged boards, I kept the needles, because sometimes I needed a wider or an extra one to set a larger joint. And sometimes I only wanted something long and thin to use to fish something out of an inaccessible place. Handy.

Or are you asking about press boards generally?

I like 1/4-inch or 5/16-inch double sided masonite for press boards. They are rigid, don't seem to warp, and they don't take much vertical space in the press. You can get masonite at nearly any home improvement store, and some will cut to size for you for a smallish fee. I've also made some press boards by gluing together layers of davey board. While not as hard as masonite, they are nevertheless serviceable.

Does this help, or does it miss the question?

Carol
Eugene, OR
------