[BKARTS] Save the date: Belanger retirement party on 6/20/2009

This message has been sent to the Book_Arts-L, ExLibris, and SHARP-L
bulletin boards.

This summer, Terry Belanger (founding director of Rare Book School, UVa;
University Professor and Honorary Curator of Special Collections at the
University of Virginia; and 2005 MacArthur
Fellow<http://www.rarebookschool.org/2005/news/macarthur.html>)
will be stepping down from his position as RBS director in order to ensure a
smooth transition in the future management of the school. We will miss the
leadership of Terry, who has indefatigably championed the school, its
faculty, and students since the school's inception in 1983.

To honor Terry's contributions to the school and its associates, we will be
throwing a retirement party for him during the late afternoon and early
evening of 20 June 2009 in the auditorium of the Harrison Institute and
Small Special Collections
Library<http://www.virginia.edu/webmap/ACentralGrounds.html>at the
University of Virginia. The party will follow on the heels of the 50th
Annual Rare Books and Manuscripts
Preconference<http://www.rbms.info/conferences/preconferences/2009/index.shtml>here
in Charlottesville, and we recommend that those who wish to attend the
party consider making hotel reservations in Charlottesville for Saturday
night. Future details about the party, including information about sending
RSVPs, will be posted to the RBS website soon at <<
http://www.rarebookschool.org/belanger/>>.

Best wishes,

Danielle Culpepper,
Barbara Heritage,
and Ryan Roth

(RBS's full-time staff)

--
Barbara Heritage
Assistant Director & Curator of Collections

Tel:  434-924-8851
Fax: 434-924-8824