Re: [BKARTS] A question about Filmoplast-P

What about Gudy-O? How does it compare to Filmoplast?

www.susanking.info

On Feb 4, 2009, at 4:54 PM, Heather Marie Kosur wrote:

Yes, Filmoplast is a pressure-sensitive tape that claims to be acidfree.
However, my experience with Filmoplast is that it yellows with age, so I do
not necessarily recommend it being used on anything you want to last. We
used to use it on a lot of materials at my library; however, we have since
discontinued its use and instead replaced it with Japanese tissue/ wheat
paste and heat-set tissue.

Heather

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lavinia
Adler
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 3:40 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] A question about Filmoplast-P

It's pressure-sensitive. Doesn't need PVA or any other adhesive to my
knowledge.

Lavinia

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:32:20 -0500 R John Miller
<R_John_Miller@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Hi Everyone,

Just got a roll of Filmoplast P from out good friends at Talas

Does anyone have or know of any good instructions or advice on how
to use
the material?

I am experimenting with it using a PVA laydown and overlay, after
that dries
I intend to burnish to the best of my ability with a bone folder.

But if anyone regularly uses this material and has any advice on how
to get
it to really meld in with the paper as it claims it will, won't you
be kind
enough to let me know?

Forever learning.

John Miller