Re: [BKARTS] A question about Filmoplast-P

It took Jane Thompson from the Archives, probably in Arkansas to really tell
me the "secret" "behind" Filmoplast P or P90

The almost unapparent and translucent BACK that must be first peeled away in
order to access the pressure sensitive adhesive,  I was perplexed never
having used Filmoplast before to finally have this lamp of genius exposed to
me, and I have been tearing letters and mending them the correct way ever
since to get the practice.

You'd think the folks who make Filmoplast would be a little more user
friendly with their product, it's a pain to peel, and you'd never know you
had to peel anything just by looking at it.

Somehow, and this shows my ignorance, I thought the PVA would produce a
reaction whereby the fabric of the Filmoplast would be melded to the torn
paper as Japanese Tissue "dissolves" to become one with the tear.

But that is what learning and experimentation is all about, asking
questions, getting answers and a lot of trial and error.

Thanks to Peter and everyone for their responses and advice, but a special
thank you to Jane Thompson for telling me the real secret I was missing.

Thanks and Peace,

John