Re: [BKARTS] A question about Filmoplast-P

Just used my testing pen on the contents of two boxes of Filmoplast
that were lying around in my office -- been here for years -- and,
while one tested acid-free (although only faintly purple, not bright
like my computer paper!), the other one was very clearly acidic.
Either the box (or the backing the tape's peeled off of) is acidic,
and that migrates to the tape, which would mean that the box should
come with a "use by" date, or Filmoplast itself will degrade and turn
acidic over time.  (I'm assuming the box that failed the test is older
than the one that passed, but I don't know.)  Neither's a good sign!

But perhaps they've changed the process over time?

--Marguerite Radhakrishnan