Re: [BKARTS] repairing torn pages

Hi Erik,

It sounds like you are not cooking the paste long enough.  Here is a
microwave formula
1 part rice starch to 5 parts water
Cook a total of 3 minutes (4 times for 30 second, then approximately 3 times
for 20 seconds although you may have to shorten the final intervals
slightly)
A key to this is to stir--after each cooking interval stir at least as long
as you cook, so the complete process takes about 6 minutes

If you cook on a stove, use a double boiler and stir frequently or
continuously until you get a nice thick ball of paste, you can always thin
it down by adding water

You should not have to iron the Japanese paper guards, they should come out
relatively smooth if they are done correctly

Regards,

John MacKrell
---
Ann Arbor, Michigan