[BKARTS] paste

I am  more of a mechanic than an artist but I do a lot of book repair for two pudlic libraries and for individuals. I appreciate this list and have learned much from it. After reading recipes for making wheat paste and the problems encountered with mold etc, I have a question. What;s wrong with using paste made by mixing the dried powder, such as purchased from Talas or a craft shop, with water. I have had no problems with it.  George Baker