From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George
Baker
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 12:09 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] paste

I am  more of a mechanic than an artist but I do a lot of book repair for
two pudlic libraries and for individuals. I appreciate this list and have
learned much from it. After reading recipes for making wheat paste and the
problems encountered with mold etc, I have a question. What;s wrong with
using paste made by mixing the dried powder, such as purchased from Talas or
a craft shop, with water. I have had no problems with it.  George Baker