Re: [BKARTS] Paste Cookers...

I have been speaking to Jeff Vicars of KitchenStir about the temperature ranges on his product. They are happy to calibrate the machine to begin and end at different temperatures. The original model was set a bit too high. It worked but boiled too fast. Jeff suggested that I send mine back for recalibration to 150-350F. I did that and am awaiting its return. He is aware of our needs and suggested himself the retuning. Maybe this will help.--Mindy

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of William Minter
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:48 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Paste Cookers...

When these devices were introduced, the first thing that I saw was
that the temperature is "about 150F" or 200F. From what I understand
about making paste, it is important that the water is brought to a boil.
Note:  Even the older "Cook-N-Stir" that was available years ago, it
also did not boil water --- again approx. 200F.
Perhaps there is need for further investigation and discussion.
Bill Minter

On Feb 10, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Peter D. Verheyen wrote:

> [Received the following email today... Mindy don't know if these
> are your people, but haven't checked past messages in the archive
> to see either...]
>
> We are the product and patent developers for the Stir Cooker
> appliance category.  Our primary brand is KitchenStir found at
> <http://www.StirCook.com>.  Our unique products combine heat with
> integrated stirring.
>
> We are interested in serving Book Binders and Conservators needs
> for mixing up pastes, adhesives, etc. for works of art and paper
> conservation. We have received word from many in this industry that
> our product has been used for this purpose with great success!
>
> Our website offers the choice of MultiStir (Low Temp set to approx.
> 150F) or Chef Stir Pan (Low Temp set to approx. 200F); the Lower
> Temp MultiStir may be best suited.
>
> If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us or go to
> Conservators & Bookbinders Cook n' Stir <http://
> stircooker.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/
> conservators_bookbinders>.

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020