Re: [BKARTS] Publisher's Weekly article on "The Future of the Book"

Whatever our feelings for Bob Stein's presentation, I don't think that
he nor anyone else at the Institute for the Future of the Book are
"money makers" who are uninterested in the book itself. The Institute
is a non-profit think-tank funded by the MacArthur Foundation and
affiliated with the University of Southern California. However much I
have disagreed with their opinions at times, I have always found them
to be thoughtful and very respectful of the history of the book.

One of my favorite explorations of theirs can be found here, where
they compare the proliferation of information on the internet with the
18th century print boom in England:

http://www.futureofthebook.org/blog/archives/2007/09/books_and_the_man_part_ii_sort.html

-Doug Rice