Re: [BKARTS] spray adhesive?

I too had the challenge of gluing chinese paper cuts in a book I was making. I experimented with a lot of glues. The one I found successful was a special spray glue designed for gluing vellum in the scrap book world. I bought it a craft store. Halfway through the project they changed brands, but both worked fine. I don't remember the first brand, but the second was "V2 Vellum Adhesive" made by Helmar. The glue is a very light weight spray as opposed to the heaver and gooey spray of most glues,  it is archival, acid free, it is supposed to be non yellowing.

I lightly sprayed the paper cut while it lay on the tissue backing then turned it upside down, it slightly stuck to the carrying tissue, position it in place, and transfered it to the page I was working on, burnish it lightly at first with my finger, removed the backing paper, used a piece of tracing paper to burnish it more firmly. I did ruin a couple, by over spraying, so I would suggest a little practice. But I was very pleased with the results. I did over 100 of these prints for a book called Chinese Opera (http://www.mysticalplaces.com/opera.html).

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press
www.mysticalplaces.com
Publisher of Artist Book News