Re: [BKARTS] paste and water

Dave Allen wrote:
Hi Tina,
I use distilled water and know it is sterile because I distill it. I was lucky enough to obtain a commercial distiller when a dentist, moving from Alberta where his water was unusable, found he didn't need it in Victoria.
BUT I actually don't use it because it's sterile, I use it because I know there are no minerals in it which can discolour paper over time. Also there is a fine silt in Victoria water which brings a pink algae with it that I want to avoid.
Dave

Hi Dave,

Maybe this is a bit pedantic, but the water will only be sterile when it's inside the distillation apparatus. It may not even be sterile in there. It may be demineralised to some extent. I can't really see any advantage at all in using sterile water.

Scott.