[BKARTS] Faulty Binding

I have some books which are paperback containing 304 pages plus covers.They were printed commercially in Atlanta and some of the pages easily come loose from the binding. I tried to attach these pages using self-adhesive Linen Hinging Tape and/or Easy/Bind Clear Polyester Tape. This works OK if just one or two pages are "contaminated", but for a larger number of pages it gets too bulky and sometimes the hinging just pulls other sheets away from the binding. The binding glue that was used is impossible to remove and if I try to glue pages to the hardened glue the results are not satisfactory, and the pages stick out from the rest. After complaints to the printer he printed some over with a different glue. but the results were just as bad. Any suggestions?
Earl Bronsteen