From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of earl
Bronsteen
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 1:24 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Faulty Binding

I have some books which are paperback containing 304 pages plus
covers.They were printed commercially in Atlanta and some of the
pages easily come loose from the binding. I tried to attach these
pages  using self-adhesive Linen Hinging Tape and/or Easy/Bind Clear
Polyester Tape. This works OK if just one or two pages are
"contaminated", but for a larger number of pages it gets too bulky
and sometimes the hinging just pulls other sheets away from the
binding. The  binding glue that was used is impossible to remove and
if I try to glue pages to the hardened glue  the results are not
satisfactory, and the pages stick out from the rest. After complaints
to the printer he printed some over with a different glue. but the
results were just as bad. Any suggestions?
Earl Bronsteen