[BKARTS] Problem Solving with Gudy 870 & 831

I wanted to share with the list a problem a customer came to me with and the
product that was used to overcome it.

The bookbinder came to me with the problem where he was commissioned to make
a book for an artist using a silk fabric the customer had supplied.
Normally this would not be a problem using his fusible webbing or other heat
set fabrics that are spoken about regularly on this list.  However in this
case the problem was created when he went to stamp the cover and the
adhesive from the various fabric linings he tried came through and stained
the silk.

Our thoughts pointed to using either the Gudy 870 or the Gudy 831 to mount
the fabric to a paper backing, and to then wrap the cover in the usual
manner using PVA.   Our concern was how the Gudy adhesive would hold up
under the application of heat and pressure, as we had never known about it
being used in this manner before.  Would it hold its bond given the
temperature exposure, and would it be forced through the fabric with the
application of pressure?

It was a huge success, with both the Gudy 870 and the 831 working
wonderfully.  The lamination stayed intact in the stamped and surrounding
areas with no bleeding of the adhesive through the fabric.  Problem solved.

I haven't heard of anyone mentioning this problem before so I am not sure if
there are many of you out there encountering this, but I wanted to share the
results.  And for the shameless plug, the Gudy is available on our web site
here:
http://tinyurl.com/anj5ro

Regards,
Aaron Salik