Re: [BKARTS] laminating cardstock question

What about laminating your board to a single, heavier stock such as Strathmore rag conservation board?
http://www.dickblick.com/products/strathmore-museum-mounting-board/

Kathy G

On Mar 3, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Bradley, Allen wrote:

For the recent Marking Time exhibition, I originally intended to laminate 6-8 sheets of Fabriano Ingres paper (160 gsm) together to form the boards. The paper is so nice it wouldn't need covering, only decorating. Single sheets lay on the table with a slight curve along the grain. I tried laminating 2 sheets at a time and 8 sheets at a time. I tried flipping the natural curve on every other sheet. I tried pulling out the curl with the pull from the next sheet. I tried PVA/MC and a mixture of same with wheat. I also tried Yes paste, which while adding the least moisture and frankly my flattest boards, was also the most messy. I tried letting the paper relax and I tried sticking them together right away. I even tried cross graining a few sheets in the stack (which only introduced other complications). After several days in the press, my new boards appeared to come out flat but would also end up with some curl after a day or so.

Any suggestions?

ab
(sorry for cross posting)