Re: [BKARTS] Mixed adhesives

By methyl cellulose, what do you mean?

Charles Jones wrote:

Based on directions from a Library of Congress manual on the construction of boxes and portfolios,
I use a "mixture" of 50% methy cellulose and PVA. Priscilla Spitler and many others use only PVA. Using mixture
provides more open time for manipulation of materials. Priscilla is so fast and has such a good eye that she is amazingly fast.

For spine or gluing up trays or slipcase boards I find it preferable to use pva straight.

Charles Jones