Re: [BKARTS] Mixed adhesives

I usually make up a 8%ish solution of methylcellulose (MC) and then mix that
into the PVA so that the proportion is 50/50 or whatever else is desired,
stirring well. DO NOT just pour the MC into the paste. It will not swell or
alter the properties other than being a mess. I like MC because it does not
spoil and I can always have it on hand. That said, I have also used paste,
but that was always mixed up for a specific purpose.

p.

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>