Re: [BKARTS] ?

Last time I checked, we don't get to CHOOSE our relatives. Only the friends, and sometimes they can be duds. That said, I choose my friends on a different basis, and if anybody asks about my art, I'll share it. Otherwise, no. It's for me, and I do it because it makes me more whole. I've done the Sell Thing already in another life and don't plan to do it again.

If I gift something to someone, I do it without any expectations. The recipient can pitch it if they want to, but I'd rather not know that they did. I suppose I once felt differently, but now suffer fewer illusions. And so fewer disappointments.

Mr. Baker, kudos to you for starting so challenging a craft. One can live long, practice binding life-long, and still not come to the end of it. You must be 90 now. Among my students I count one who will be 92 in June, and she was somewhere past 80, when she began... an inquiring mind, always ready to learn something new.

Poets and prophets are never properly appreciated, I think.

Carol Pratt
Eugene, OR