Re: [BKARTS] hinges

a very thin but strong japanese paper should perform the task.
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

Charles Brownson wrote:
I am consructing a binding which requires me to hinge two sheets of paper edge to edge. (Ordinary book weight paper.) I am looking for suggestions on how to do this so as to minimize the thickness in the area of the hinge? Obviously one can use thin material, but most thin papers are not tough enough to stand the bending and rubbing. In the past I have always had the luxury of a double laminate and could insert the hinge between the upper and lower sheets. Ideas?
Charles Brownson
Ocotillo Arts