Re: [BKARTS] hinges

The following suggestion might work, depending on a number of factors:
The two sheets could be adhered together with maybe as little as 1/8" overlap --- I'd use PVA or a mix. The new larger sheet would then be folded to one side, or the other, of that joint.
By preparing the sheets appropriately and using a jig for alignment, uniform page margins could be obtained. In fact, one could even stagger the joints to minimize the swelling.
Two more suggestions: The edges of the sheets can be scarfed where they are joined --- thinned by cutting on a bevel or by sanding. Also, the single sheets can be arranged in a manner that will allow a thicker signature that would accommodate the swelling caused by the sewing.
Good Luck,
Bill Minter