[BKARTS] Exhibit Book Marks

February 19-May 30, 2009. Book Marks: The Trail Readers Leave Behind An
Exhibition at the Hill Museum & Manuscript Library Gallery. Saint John's
Abbey and University in Collegeville, Minnesota. "Book Marks is for people
who love old books, and who wonder about the people who read them" reflects
Vann. "The exhibit takes you by the hand and leads you into that world. We
show you how each old book is an artifact that teaches about its past
owners. We explain how scholars deduce a book's history by examining its
condition. We put each book within its historical or cultural context. What
I love best about the exhibit, though, is that the books were not selected
for their beauty or their value alone; they were selected because they speak
eloquently about the thoughts and concerns of human beings we otherwise know
nothing about." - Vann Dubbeldee Kuhn, co-curator

John Neal, Bookseller
Letter Arts Review, Bound & Lettered
www.johnnealbooks.com
1833 Spring Garden St, Greensboro, NC USA
800-369-9598 - 336-272-6139 - Fax 336-272-9015
email: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

winter sale: http://www.johnnealbooks.com/prod_detail_list/253