Re: [BKARTS] Book Artists Unite?

Dear Michael Andrews, et. al. -

To me it seems a bit strange that you don't value your artistic skills above that of the cost of materials. Does this mean that your artistry actually diminishes the value of the materials used?

I would think an artist, if anyone, would value their own work. If they don't , then why would they expect anyone else to? Since you don't need to make a profit from them, or even break even on materials costs, why not keep them for yourself?

I am a craftsman and very proud of the fact. And, no, I'm not in favor of a union; I don't think it would work; I do think it is somewhat of a silly idea.

Sincerely,
Frank Lehmann
Lehmann Bindery