From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Frank Lehmann
Sent: March 6, 2009 11:25 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Book Artists Unite?

Dear Michael Andrews, et. al. -

To me it seems a bit strange that you don't value your artistic skills
above that of the cost of materials.  Does this mean that your
artistry actually diminishes the value of the materials used?

I would think an artist, if anyone, would value their own work.  If
they don't , then why would they expect anyone else to?  Since you
don't need to make a profit from them, or even break even on materials
costs, why not keep them for yourself?

I am a craftsman and very proud of the fact.  And, no, I'm not in
favor of a union; I don't think it would work; I do think it is
somewhat of a silly idea.

Sincerely,
Frank Lehmann
Lehmann Bindery