Re: Book Arts in Gainesville, Florida

www.southeastbookarts.org

I don't know if we posted on here yet,
but the Southeast Assoc for Bookarts is holdings its 3rd biennial
bookart/workshops May 11-14, Univ of South Carolina, Art Dept.
Among the workshop leaders:
Matthew Liddle (printmaking)
Kahterine Ng
Kathy Stother
Dan Essig
Andrea Deszo....

We hope to include All persons, but we have focused efforts on Southeast...
Please pass this along (and look over the URL for complete info). We would love
to meet you Floridians!

500.00 entry pays for dinner reception (10th May), all lunches, receptions,
booart sale and swap (your work here!!!) and exhibit and lecture. Reduced
hotel rates ON campus in new hotel with breakfast included.

Susan Hogue
SABA Committee

As a MFA grad student from 92-95 I was messing around with bookmaking and no
one else seemed to be doing much with it. Right now I know that Bob Mueller
in the printmaking dept has made some fantastic artist's books. There seems
to be several people in the area working in isolation-I am one of them. My
focus is making journals from materials I can recycle into a book form:
cereal boxes, old books (great book board resource), maps, found objects,
etc. I do have a demanding day job so I am nearly as prolific as I would
like. There is an altered book community of women that regularly gather to
work on current projects.
I have no letterpress experience. My training is as a painter so my pages
are more visual than text focused.
Feel free to email me.
Kate
krhansn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx