Re: PraGnant

Dave;

I own a Kwikprint with the largest typeholder they make and I've used it a
great deal.  However, when I was studying with Edwin Heim at the Centro del
bel Libra in Ascona, Switzerland, I used a PraGnant.  I felt it was far
superior to my Kwikprint in a great many ways.  Perhaps it is that I learned
to use my Kwikprint by self-instruction and I have never had anyone teach me
what can be done on the Kwikprint.  You're right about the price though.  It
is quite a bit more than twice the price of the Kwikprint.  Whether the
extra things that can be done on the PraGnant is worth that kind of money is
certainly open to debate.  I know that Richard Baker in St. Louis uses a
PraGnant and he does very fine work.  Perhaps he could speak to the
advantages and disadvantages of this piece of equipment.

Jim